Friday, December 14, 2007

Food Critic

With Thanksgiving behind us I thought I would like to revive the food topic by critiquing some food establishments. My friend Joe blogs about making food but I like eating food. One of my favorite spots in Utah to eat at is Fillet of Phillies at 43 East 5900 South in Murray Utah. Wow, do they make a good Philly Cheese steak and the fries are no t bad either, hot and greasy. When ever I get a craving for a Philly cheese steak I try to head over there. Phil Sainsbury owns the place and he has done a good job at making a well love America sandwich.

Today however, I was in the mood to let someone else decide. So I asked my buddy John to pick a place to go. He picked Sampan in Jordan Landing it is located at 3778 West Centerview Way, right by the movie theaters. Someone at work had recommended the place to John so that where we went. The atmosphere was nice and the service was fast. I ordered the Sweet and Sour chicken, how can you go wrong with that. I got the egg drop soup, which I thought wasn't thick enough, but it tasted good. When my food arrived it was good and hot, it tasted really good but I was expecting the chicken to be rolled up and battered like it is at most places. This chicken was pounded down and then battered like a fish. It was hot but not very moist and a real crusty batter. The steamed rice I got was good but also not very moist. The egg roll was not bad, just what I expected. I walked out paying a little over ten dollars with a two dollar tip and then I thought to myself, "I shouldn't have tipped so much." I felt I paid way to much for the meal I received. So, over all if I was craving Chinese food and I had just came out of the movie theater, then I would probably go there but I would not be thinking of that place as the perfect place to go for Chinese.

4 comments:

mom o' many said...

hey i think its about time to update your blog! how are you doing? your kids are so cute,

Farny said...

Thanks, I'm kinda slow... :)

Anonymous said...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE UPDATE!!!!:)

Jill said...

I can't believe you found our blog. Your family is so cute. I can't believe we are all so old and doing the married with children thing. You need to update so I can see more of your cute family.